Santa’s Dreams Sound Story
Have lots of Christmas fun exploring the piano and discovering how to make a musical story.
Aimed at 4 to 8 year old beginners.
Enjoy improvising, using pitch, articulation, dynamics, rhythm and much more.
Print off the Sound Story booklet and work though it with the child at your own pace. This activity might cover more than one lesson.
Images shown are only a selection of the pages.
Have lots of fun exploring piano sounds and discovering how to tell stories with music with Santa’s Dreams sound story.
By using this resource students will:
- improvise melodies
- clap and match rhythms
- Explore dynamics
- Explore pitch
- Explore articulation
- Find their way round the piano keyboard with confidence
- Compose a tune for a song
- work out a melody for the first line of a well-known Christmas song
Age range 4 to 8
The resource contains 12 printable pages in the form of a booklet for the child to write on and keep.
The resource can be used on its own, however, it is best used in conjunction with the picture book, Santa’s Dreams by Karen Langtree. This is available from this website www.onewaypress.co.uk, or by contacting Karen on Facebook.
Created by Karen Langtree
Follow us on Facebook
- This resource is delivered to you by My Music Resource.
- It comes with a single studio licence for your own use. In other words, you can only copy and distribute the licenced material(s) for the purpose of teaching students you teach and/or for their private study. Do not share this licenced material with anybody else, including teachers in the same studio or different studios. You can find more details on studio licence terms in our terms and conditions.
- You can download this resource up to 6 times. After 6 downloads, you will reach your download limit. To ensure that you have ongoing access to any resources ordered, save them to a separate folder on your computer once downloaded.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues accessing or downloading your resource -we will get back to you shortly!
- Alternatively, please refer to our comprehensive Help documents if you have any questions.
Primary School (4-11)
Sound Story, Workbook
Keyboard Geography, Rote, Aural, Composition, Improvising, Playing By Ear, Rhythm