Elf Workshop music game
The Elf Workshop is a fun seasonal game based around a Christmas present factory which can be played in both face-to-face and online lessons. Pupils must successfully complete five musical challenges in order to move their unwrapped presents through the different machines in the factory towards Father Christmas’ sleigh.
Aimed at beginner pupils with a basic grasp of note values, rhythm and pitch.
The Elf Workshop is a fun seasonal music game based around a Christmas present factory supervised by the hard-working elves. You can play this game in both face-to-face and online lessons.
How to Play
There are five separate sections in the factory, each involving a different musical challenge for the pupil. Move the unwrapped present through the factory by completing challenges successfully. Individual challenges are set by the teacher according to the learning objectives of each pupil. There are also pre-defined challenges in this pack aimed at beginner pupils with a basic grasp of note values, rhythm and pitch. Once the challenges are completed, your pupil should be able to understand the rhythm and notes for the first four bars of Jingle Bells and play this on their instrument.
This game includes:
- “How to Play” instructions
- An Elf Factory Game Board
- 5 pre-defined challenge cards
- 5 blank challenge cards
- 12 Matching Pair Cards
- Wrapped presents to cut out
Created by Ruth Alberici
Follow us on Facebook
- This resource is delivered to you by My Music Resource.
- It comes with a single studio licence for your own use. In other words, you can only copy and distribute the licenced material(s) for the purpose of teaching students you teach and/or for their private study. Do not share this licenced material with anybody else, including teachers in the same studio or different studios. You can find more details on studio licence terms in our terms and conditions.
- You can download this resource up to 6 times. After 6 downloads, you will reach your download limit. To ensure that you have ongoing access to any resources ordered, save them to a separate folder on your computer once downloaded.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues accessing or downloading your resource -we will get back to you shortly!
- Alternatively, please refer to our comprehensive Help documents if you have any questions.
Early Years, Primary School (4-11)
Cards and Flashcards, Game
Note Reading, Rhythm