Note Values Cats and Dogs
A cat-and-dog themed game to reinforce an understanding of note values. Use online or in face-to-face lessons.
This resource is designed to consolidate the understanding of music note values
- Use online – with screen-sharing and annotation to connect the matching cats and dogs
- or in face to face lessons on an electronic device or as a printable resource
Use in instrumental lessons, general music lessons or for students to use at home.
- 13 pages – each featuring 4 pairs of cats and dogs to match
- Semibreves (whole notes), dotted minims (dotted half notes), minims (half notes), crotchets (quarter notes), quavers (eighth notes) and semiquavers (sixteenth notes) are used
- work out how many crotchet beats each balloon is equivalent to, then join it to the matching cat
Primary School (4-11)