Build a Snowman Note Recognition Game – Bass and Treble Clef
This game (for 1 or more players) supports the learning of note recognition skills in both the bass and treble clef. Use in general music lessons, instrumental lessons, or as an activity for students to use at home. The 4 game boards are included with 2 different snowman themes – a deluxe and a lower ink version.
This game (for 1 or more players) supports the learning of note recognition skills in both the bass and treble clef. Use in general music lessons, instrumental lessons, or as an activity for students to use at home. Print and laminate for extra durability, or play online (in a platform that supports screen-sharing and annotation to mark students progress around the game board)
- Two versions of the game – a deluxe version, and a lower ink version to reduce the ink required for printing
- 4 game boards for each version allow the teacher to target the range of pitch used in the game (2 treble clef, 2 bass clef)
How to use this game It’s time to build a snowman…
- Each player places a token on the board and needs a pencil and piece of paper on which to draw their snowman
- Players take turns to roll a dice and move their token around the board
- The player should identify each note they land on, and draw the corresponding part of their snowman
- The body must be drawn first. The head must be drawn before the eyes, nose and mouth
- The first player to complete their snowman is the winner
- A single player may play against the clock – set a timer and see how quickly you can complete your snowman
Primary School (4-11)
Beginner (Initial), Early Elementary (Grade 1)
There are no reviews yet.