Glowing Candelight is a free Christmas piano teaching resource from the Ready to Play series created by Dr Sally Cathcart. Phrases, rhythm, singing, playing and composition are all included in this delightful worksheet. If you want some inspiration on how to use it in piano lessons watch the video!
Glowing Candelight is a FREE Christmas piano teaching resource from the Ready to Play series. It is designed to be used during a piano lesson, either as a standalone activity or to support learning from a tutor book.
Features of the song and the workbook include:
- a seasonal winter song
- do hexachord (do, re, mi, fa, so, la)
- crotchets, quavers and crotchet rest (quarter notes, eighth notes and quarter note rests)
- phrase structure A, A, B, C
- reinforcement of whole steps and half steps (tones and semitones)
- step-by-step movement from singing to playing and writing
- pupil-centred workbook, laid out for ease of learning
- a composition activity
The workbook is ideal for elementary students who are in the second year of learning the piano, although the song itself can be adapted to work at various levels.
This sampler is from ready to play, the brand new series of musicianship books by Sally Cathcart.
Musicianship for beginners and beyond!
Listening, internalisation, and musical understanding are encouraged from the very earliest stages in this colourful, attractive, and comprehensive series. Full of progressive and engaging activities that develop a secure and wide-ranging foundation, off we go! starts piano students on the path to being truly ready to play.