Park Walk | Note Reading, Rhythms, Improv, Note Values Game
Sometimes students just aren’t feeling it, and you need to turn the entire lesson into a one big music game. ‘Park Walk’ contains multiple musical elements: note reading, note values, rhythms, and improvisation. This isn’t a quick game!
ometimes students just aren’t feeling it, and you need to turn the entire lesson into a one big music game. Park Walk music game contains multiple musical elements: note reading, note values, rhythms, and improvisation. This isn’t a quick game!
This game is only available as a single game – it’s not included in any bundle.
WHAT IS IT?
Players race around the board by identifying the number of beats on the question cards, trying to reach the corners and collect the items they need for their walk in the park:
- Umbrella: They choose a note reading card and read the entire sentence (filling in the missing words by note reading)
- Boots: They listen to the teacher clapping a rhythm from one of the cards. They need to work out which rhythmic question was clapped, and find and clap the rhythmic answer.
- Hot chocolate: They choose a title card and improvise a short melody that matches the title.
Alternatively, instead of these activities, you can have the student play their piece / whatever they’re working on in order to collect the item!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD?
– Instructions for How To Play Park Walk
– Colourful board
– 16 note value question cards
– 4 rhythmic questions and 4 rhythmic answers, 4 note reading sentence cards and 4 title cards
– Item token cards
Created by Busy Little Turtle
Follow us on Facebook
- This resource is delivered to you by My Music Resource.
- It comes with a single studio licence for your own use. In other words, you can only copy and distribute the licenced material(s) for the purpose of teaching students you teach and/or for their private study. Do not share this licenced material with anybody else, including teachers in the same studio or different studios. You can find more details on studio licence terms in our terms and conditions.
- You can download this resource up to 6 times. After 6 downloads, you will reach your download limit. To ensure that you have ongoing access to any resources ordered, save them to a separate folder on your computer once downloaded.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues accessing or downloading your resource -we will get back to you shortly!
- Alternatively, please refer to our comprehensive Help documents if you have any questions.
Improvising, Note Reading, Rhythm, Theory
Primary School (4-11), Secondary School (11-16)