Piece Analysis Booklet
This workbook is designed to help you navigate your way through a new piece. It includes space to write down any preliminary research, such as social, cultural and composer background and detailed musical analysis. This will help you to identify potential ‘problem areas’ which may require specific learning/teaching strategies.
Before you dive into learning a piece, or start teaching it to students, a bit of preliminary research and analysis can help you navigate your way through it more easily.
This workbook is designed to help you by providing a space to gather this information in one place, including:
- Social, cultural and composer background;
- A mood board space for photos and pictures;
- Musical analysis – key signature, time signature, tempo, structure, articulation, dynamics, rhythm, melodic and harmonic features and stylistic performance.
- Potential ‘problem areas’ which may require specific learning/teaching strategies.
Created by Ruth Alberici
Follow us on Facebook
- This resource is delivered to you by My Music Resource.
- It comes with a single studio licence for your own use. In other words, you can only copy and distribute the licenced material(s) for the purpose of teaching students you teach and/or for their private study. Do not share this licenced material with anybody else, including teachers in the same studio or different studios. You can find more details on studio licence terms in our terms and conditions.
- You can download this resource up to 6 times. After 6 downloads, you will reach your download limit. To ensure that you have ongoing access to any resources ordered, save them to a separate folder on your computer once downloaded.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues accessing or downloading your resource -we will get back to you shortly!
- Alternatively, please refer to our comprehensive Help documents if you have any questions.
Planning, Practice Skills