Spot the Phrase | Aural Skills
This resource can be used online or as a printable game. Designed to make ear-training fun. Focussing on pitch and rhythm aural skills.
This ‘spot the phrase’ aural skills resource can be used for online or face-to-face teaching.
The animals are playing hide and seek. Invite your students to join in the fun!
Help the seeker to find the others by correctly spotting which phrase was played.
Use the game to support aural recognition of phrases.
Students should identify phrases aurally by recognising:
- pitch contours and intervals
- basic rhythms
- dotted rhythms
- triplet rhythms
Created by Kate Thompson
Follow us on Facebook
- This resource is delivered to you by My Music Resource.
- It comes with a single studio licence for your own use. In other words, you can only copy and distribute the licenced material(s) for the purpose of teaching students you teach and/or for their private study. Do not share this licenced material with anybody else, including teachers in the same studio or different studios. You can find more details on studio licence terms in our terms and conditions.
- You can download this resource up to 6 times. After 6 downloads, you will reach your download limit. To ensure that you have ongoing access to any resources ordered, save them to a separate folder on your computer once downloaded.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues accessing or downloading your resource -we will get back to you shortly!
- Alternatively, please refer to our comprehensive Help documents if you have any questions.
Primary School (4-11)
Beginner (Initial), Early Elementary (Grade 1), Elementary (Grade 2), Early Intermediate (Grade 3)