Snowy Gnomes Intervals – Christmas Multiplayer Game
A multiplayer music theory game, to practise recognising intervals on a score.
Includes intervals up to a fifth, in the treble and bass clef.
Use this game to practise recognising intervals. Develop a skill to make sight-reading so much easier!
Perfect for group lessons.
Before you play
- Print and cut out the Gnome Cards (and laminate for extra durability if required). You may need 2 sets of all the cards for more than 4 players
- Place the pile of cards face down in the middle of the players
- Give each player a dice, three coins or tokens, and one Gnome Card
How to play
- Set a timer for 1 minute
- Each player rolls their dice
- If the number on the dice matches an interval on their Gnome Card, the player should place a coin/token on that interval
- Players should keep rolling the dice, and matching intervals as quickly as they can
- Once all three intervals on a Gnome Card are covered, the player may keep that card
- The player should take another card off the card pile and continue rolling the dice and matching intervals
- The player with the most cards at the end of the minute is the winner!
- Reshuffle the cards, and play again!
Primary School (4-11)
Beginner (Initial), Early Elementary (Grade 1), Elementary (Grade 2)
Note Reading, Sight Reading, Theory